Beany game-make different shapes with your body
Broad bean-star shape
Baked bean-sit down grab knees-tucked
Beans on toast-lie on the floor star shape
Runner bean-run around
Chillibeans-pretend to be cold and shiver
Jelly bean-wobble round like jelly
Great game to get the children thinking about the rhythm and beat of the music. It's based on the 'bop it' game.
Call out the actions to which the children respond in the following ways:
- Kick it - children kick in front of them (ensure they're all in a space first!)
- Twist it - twist their bodies half way around then back, feet remaining in same place on the floor.
- Spin it - children turn around
- Pull it - imagine they are pulling two levers down from above their heads.
- Bop it - jump in the air.